Commercials & Advertisements
The Patient Channel and the Newborn Channel provide relevant educational content to assist hospitals in providing better patient care. Due to the highly targeted nature of our audience, The Patient Channel and Newborn Channel aim to present our viewers with commercials that are truthful, non-deceptive, tasteful, appropriate for our audiences, and consistent with our reputation, ethical standards, and channel programming objectives. To serve this objective, all commercials and advertisements running on The Patient Channel and Newborn Channel are required to be submitted to our external Review Board for review and approval prior to contract execution. Our standards and external review process enable us to ensure we are providing appropriate advertising to our patient and hospital staff communities.
The Patient Channel & Newborn Channel reserve the right to:
- Accept or reject any advertisements;
- Require elimination or revision of any material in advertising copy which violates The Patient Channel & Newborn Channel standards, policies or guidelines; federal, state or local laws or regulations; or is otherwise contrary to the public interest; and
- Reject any advertising where the advertised product, program or service could negatively affect its audience
In order to determine the acceptability of advertising material, The Patient Channel and Newborn Channel have the right to investigate the accuracy of all statements and claims made in advertising copy. This includes requiring the advertiser to provide substantiation or documentation, providing a reasonable basis for its claims.
Guidelines and Principals:
Below are some general guidelines and principals our external Review Board follows in making a determination on specific advertisements:
- Is the content false, misleading, or fraudulent?
- Is the content discriminatory as to race, sex, creed, national origin, religious affiliation, physical disability, sexual orientation or language?
- Does the content include, without limitation, unlicensed pharmaceuticals, health care providers or services, pharmacies and studies or clinical trials, which are not conducted pursuant to FDA approval or standards?
- Is the content appropriate in the hospital setting and for the channel’s primary audiences;
The following categories of products and services will not be accepted:
- Firearms/ firearm ammunition, weapons, and fireworks
- Fortune telling, phrenology, numerology, clairvoyance, telekinesis or other similar services and product
- Illegal drugs
- Sexually explicit publications & services
- Speculative Investments
The following categories of advertising will be subject to additional scrutiny:
- Cosmetic surgery
- Issues of public controversy
- Legal services
- Medical & health related products outside of FDA regulatory oversight
- Nutritional supplement and weight loss products